The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce and its membership support policies that facilitate the ability of business to operate easily, profitably and safely in our city. In turn the success and growth of our businesses will make the City of Anaheim a better community in which to live, work, shop and visit.
The public policies of the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce are focused on areas determined to represent the greatest needs facing our membership and our community. We will look at concurrence with these policies to determine the Chamber’s support of candidates for public office and for our official positions on public issues.
The following are the three major areas the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce will focus public policy efforts:
- Political Action
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce recognizes that one of the most important ways it can support member businesses is to stay actively engaged in the legislative process.
- This advocacy insures that the voice of business is heard and that state and local policies are adopted which enable businesses to thrive and grow.
- The Chamber encourages and facilitates dialogue among its members, elected officials and government agencies.
- The Chamber reserves the right to take stands on issues which affect our membership and endorse candidates who best represent our interests and concur with our public policy platform.
- Regulatory Relief
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce supports the simplification of the regulatory environment for business while maintaining the well-being of the community and its citizens.
- The Chamber reviews those regulations affecting business including those dealing with the areas of public ordinances, land use, signage, wages, worker’s compensation and healthcare to determine if they are reasonable and business-friendly.
- Workforce Development
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce acts as a resource to business for maintaining a skilled workforce.
- The Chamber recognizes the importance of developing and retaining job opportunities at every skill level.
- Business to Business
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce facilitates opportunities for its member businesses to promote and sell their goods and services and to do business with other Anaheim businesses.
- Whenever possible, the Chamber encourages enterprises within the city to do business with member companies.
- Workforce Housing
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce promotes the need to have adequate housing units available for employees at all levels of local business and industry.
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to the building and improvement of local and regional roads for the movement of goods, residents, workers and visitors.
- The Chamber supports highway measures which contribute to economic progress and further a positive image of the City.
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce advocates funding for private and public transportation solutions that ensure reliable, easily accessible and cost effective systems both locally and regionally.
- Energy/ Resources
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce supports reliable, cost effective programs and rates for city businesses.
- The Chamber is a proponent of responsible power usage, resource conservation and exploration of alternative power sources which benefit business and the community.
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce advocates the implementation of technological advancements which further the exchange of knowledge, trade and communications.
- Attract and Retain Business
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to maintaining a pro-business environment which encourages reputable businesses to choose Anaheim as a location.
- The Chamber offers a wide variety of supportive programs and services to keep current businesses in the City.
- Attract Visitors and Consumers
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce promotes Anaheim as an ideal destination for shopping, dining, entertainment, vacationing and meeting.
- The Chamber looks for creative ways to keep both resident and tourist dollars in the City.
- Celebrate City and its Businesses/Attractions
- The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce seeks every opportunity to celebrate events and important milestones for the City, area attractions and business.
- The Chamber is committed to recognizing the achievements and contributions of member companies, city entities and local agencies that improve the quality of life in our community.